As Trumbull County’s seat, Warren is loaded with museums, golf courses, breweries and more. But its hip-meets-blue-collar vibe and connection to the area’s history make it a must-visit.
Right off Main Avenue in downtown, Dave Grohl Alley pays tribute to the former Nirvana drummer, current Foo Fighters frontman and Warren native. The street is decorated with public art, from murals and sculptures of the all-around cool guy by local artists, to the world’s largest drumsticks (23-feet-long).
Clubhouse Brewing Co. and Modern Methods Brewing Co. are stirring up a local craft beer scene first started back in the 1800s by George Clements Brewery.
The historic Packard Music Hall and the Warren Community Amphitheater host both national touring and local music acts like the W.D. Packard Concert Band.
Top Shelf Coffee, which features 40 different flavors of coffee such as Colombian Supremo, Nova Coffee Co and the Mocha House are all great places for coffee and will keep latte lovers happy.
Kayakers will discover their paddling happy place on the Mahoning River and the 23-mile Mahoning River Water Trail.
The Trumbull Country Club, one of the oldest and best-kept courses in the county, is one of the marquee golf courses on the Penn Ohio Golf Trail.
The Women’s Park, dedicated to women who have made a difference in their communities, celebrates their past, present and future.
Find historical sites such as the Ernie Hall Aviation Museum, Underground Railroad Exhibit, the Sutliff Museum and the First Flight Lunar Module, commemorating Neil Armstrong’s first flight at the age of 6.
For more information, please visit www.warren.org.
Areas of Interest
A half-scale replica of Apollo 11’s lunar landing module, nearly 13 feet tall and 12 feet wide, marks the site where the first man on the moon, Neil Armstrong, took off during his first airplane ride at the age of six.
Women's and men's apparel and accessories boutique, featuring clothing for special events, casual outfits, and fashions that mean business. Selection includes unique coats, jackets, boots, purses and jewelry items. Layaway program, gift certificates, and online ordering are available. Shipping is free.
Local favorite perfected by Robert Abruzzi when he owned and operated the Abruzz's Cafe 422 in Warren. Today Mr. Abruzzi can be found at local grocery stores giving out samples of his "Abruzzi's Hot Peppers" in oil. These peppers are a great combination with thick slices of crusty Italian bread. For more information or locations where you can purchase jars of this local favorite, call Mr. Abruzzi directly.
For nearly 20 years, one of the largest of its kind in Ohio. Featured items include comic books, games, toys, action figures, and a comprehensive catalog of sports cards and related memorabilia for football, hockey, baseball and basketball.
Designed by renowned architect Harold Wagoner and home to the Warren Philharmonic Orchestra. Church hall can accommodate 200-350. Commercial kitchen is available for approved caterers. Outdoor garden, church interior, and church hall area ideal for weddings.
Non-profit providing horticultural (planting, harvesting, and marketing) training for individuals with physical/developmental disabilities to enable them to be more self-sufficient. Fresh herbs and produce grown by EAF are sold at area farmers markets and other local events throughout the year -visit website for a complete list.
Call or check the website for current movie listinFamily-owned and operated Warren landmark in business since 1950. Watch first-run double features for one low price. Operates May to mid-October and includes three giant outdoor screens and offers a full dinner menu and concession stand. Playground on premises for kids. Call or visit website for current movie listings and show times.gs and show times.
New Trumbull County museum honoring local contributions to the field of aviation, bearing the name of one of America’s most well-regarded aeronautical pioneers, Warren, Ohio native Ernest C Hall. The museum is filled with local, national and international aviation memorabilia from the birth of the industry through present day.
At Escape NE Ohio, our rooms are family-friendly, goal-oriented experiences. You are NEVER locked in. The goal is not to escape the room, the room is the escape. Your group must crack codes and solve mind puzzles to complete the room goal.
Located in the Eastwood Mall Complex this hotel has a full-service business center. All rooms include a hot buffet breakfast, free wi-fi, and free access to Fizek Fitness along with an indoor pool.
78 rooms (suites and standard rooms) with complimentary hot breakfast, Wi-Fi access, Cyber Café, 24-hour business center, indoor pool and Jacuzzi, fitness room, meeting space for 50, afternoon snacks, and Manager's Cocktail Party every Wednesday evening that includes complimentary dinner. Major credit cards accepted.
For more than 10 years, this year-round farmers market features fresh fruits and vegetable grown by local and regional growers. Also available: food and specialty products including eggs, grass-fed meats, honey, and handcrafted items by local artisans. During the summer months the market features live musical entertainment.
One of the oldest known structures in Trumbull County and home of the Trumbull County Historical Society, this museum is a legacy to the early pioneers of the Connecticut Western Reserve. The museum is open Thursday-Saturday, 1pm-4pm, with guided tours beginning at 1:30pm and 2:30pm. We are open for tours April - December. Visit website for a schedule of events.
Featuring the history of the Packard family, the Packard Motor Car, and other Packard enterprises. It hosts a number of special exhibits throughout the year including the annual Antique Motorcycle Exhibit every January-May and its Packard Legacy Weekend in July. Visit the website for hours and a schedule of exhibits and events.
Wall art (for collecting and decorating) and framing services. Unique gift items, including handcrafted jewelry and purses, hand-blown glass bulbs for windows, environmentally-friendly bean pod candles, and Fenton beads. Many featured items were Made in America.
Newly-renovated center, which hosts one of Ohio's largest Grecian festivals every July, is the perfect location for large banquets, special events, weddings, trade shows, seminars, civic dinners and other large functions.
Local entertainment company bringing concerts to the outdoor Community Amphitheater in downtown Warren nearly every Saturday night during the Summer, and throughout the year at Packard Music Hall, the DeYor Center, and Stambaugh Auditorium.
This museum features the history of the Sutliff family - from pioneer days of the Ohio Western Reserve, through the days of the Civil War, to the height of the Victorian era. Members of the Sutliff family were active in the local abolition movement and conductors on the Underground Railroad.
More commonly known as "Doc and Ellie", this duo has been performing together at local wineries, restaurants, cafes, lounges, weddings, family reunions, corporate events, festivals and more for over 20 years.
This national historic site became the home of women’s suffrage leader Harriet Taylor Upton in 1887. It also served as the headquarters of the National American Women’s Suffrage Association from 1903-1905. Open to the public August 4, 2-4pm.
This new banquet facility is the perfect venue for meetings, special events, dinners and weddings. Up to 300 can be accommodated and catering is provided by the Mocha House.
Designated as a Freedom Station by the National Underground Railroad Freedom Center Cincinnati, this exhibit provides a glimpse of local anti-slavery sentiments from the 1820s to the 1850s. It is located on the second floor of the Warren-Trumbull County Public Library in downtown Warren, directly outside the doors of the Sutliff Museum and is available for viewing during regular library hours.
Indoor and outdoor market, has been open every Tuesday and Saturday year-round for nearly 40 years, and includes an outdoor pavilion. A variety of vendors sell many items including household goods, collectibles, clothing and seasonal produce. Food available at the on-site snack bar.
Built in 1832 by General Simon Perkins as a wedding gift for his daughter Olive Douglas Perkins, and her husband, Frederick Kinsman, today serves as the home of the Warren Heritage Center. The Center tells the story of the City of Warren and its role as the first economic and government center of the historic Connecticut Western Reserve.
Multi-purpose, linear, paved trail has been designed for walking, hiking, biking and horseback-riding. Surrounded by nature, hikers, bicyclists, horseback riders, inline skaters and joggers can all enjoy this trail.
Beautifully landscaped park adjacent to City Hall, featuring walkways, courtyards and a stone bridge spanning a brook. Dedicated to women, past and present, who have made a difference in Trumbull County's local communities. Gardens are maintained by volunteers from the Upton Association.
Alley of local artist murals and sculptures in honor of Warren-born Foo Fighters front-man and former Nirvana drummer, David Grohl. Runs parallel to E. Market Street downtown. West entrance adjacent to Burger King restaurant on Main Street SW. Grohl, who was born in Warren and moved to Alexandria, VA at a young age, still has family in Warren and spent many summer vacations in the area.
Located along Millionaires Row in historic downtown Warren, this Greek Revival mansion is included on the National Historic Registry and features white marble mantles and black walnut staircase, woodwork and arched doorways.
Located on the east bank of the Mahoning River, the memorial commemorates the sacrifices of local citizens in military service.
Originally built in 1871 as the home of civic leader Henry Bishop Perkins and his family. The building has served as Warren's City Hall since 1934. Building open to the public daily 8am-4pm (closed 12-1pm for lunch). Offices, basement, and attic off-limits. No formal tours but written info is available.
One of the oldest judicial facilities of its kind in Ohio, the Romanesque-style structure was completed in 1897, making it the third courthouse to occupy the location in Courthouse Park. It was placed on the National Registry of Historic Sites in 1975.