See historical sites, visit a presidential birthplace and more in Trumbull County.
Trumbull County's towns are loaded with historical sites such as President William McKinley's McKinley Birthplace Replica Home & Research Center, museums such as the Natioanl Packard Museum the Sutliff Museum and Underground Railroad Exhibit.
Located on the site of the original McKinley home (and birthplace of President William McKinley), and just down the street from the National McKinley Memorial Museum. Features the replica home of the family's rooms, and a research center.
Featuring the history of the Packard family, the Packard Motor Car, and other Packard enterprises. It hosts a number of special exhibits throughout the year including the annual Antique Motorcycle Exhibit every January-May and its Packard Legacy Weekend in July. Visit the website for hours and a schedule of exhibits and events.
This museum features the history of the Sutliff family - from pioneer days of the Ohio Western Reserve, through the days of the Civil War, to the height of the Victorian era. Members of the Sutliff family were active in the local abolition movement and conductors on the Underground Railroad.
New Trumbull County museum honoring local contributions to the field of aviation, bearing the name of one of America’s most well-regarded aeronautical pioneers, Warren, Ohio native Ernest C Hall. The museum is filled with local, national and international aviation memorabilia from the birth of the industry through present day.
Formed in 1999, dedicated to the preservation of the North Bloomfield community and the restoration of the Town Hall built in 1893. The mission of the organization is to share the stories and events that have shaped the community since it was settled in 1815. Meetings are held the first Thursday of the month.
One of the oldest known structures in Trumbull County and home of the Trumbull County Historical Society, this museum is a legacy to the early pioneers of the Connecticut Western Reserve. The museum is open Thursday-Saturday, 1pm-4pm, with guided tours beginning at 1:30pm and 2:30pm. We are open for tours April - December. Visit website for a schedule of events.
Built in 1832 by General Simon Perkins as a wedding gift for his daughter Olive Douglas Perkins, and her husband, Frederick Kinsman, today serves as the home of the Warren Heritage Center. The Center tells the story of the City of Warren and its role as the first economic and government center of the historic Connecticut Western Reserve.
Designated as a Freedom Station by the National Underground Railroad Freedom Center Cincinnati, this exhibit provides a glimpse of local anti-slavery sentiments from the 1820s to the 1850s. It is located on the second floor of the Warren-Trumbull County Public Library in downtown Warren, directly outside the doors of the Sutliff Museum and is available for viewing during regular library hours.
This national historic site became the home of women’s suffrage leader Harriet Taylor Upton in 1887. It also served as the headquarters of the National American Women’s Suffrage Association from 1903-1905. Open to the public August 4, 2-4pm.
Originally built in 1871 as the home of civic leader Henry Bishop Perkins and his family. The building has served as Warren's City Hall since 1934. Building open to the public daily 8am-4pm (closed 12-1pm for lunch). Offices, basement, and attic off-limits. No formal tours but written info is available.
The center of town, better known as the "Commons", is surrounded by 28 buildings, 21 of built before the Civil War and are included on the National Register of Historic Places. Today it is part of the fourth-largest Amish Settlement in the country and second-largest in Ohio.
Located along Millionaires Row in historic downtown Warren, this Greek Revival mansion is included on the National Historic Registry and features white marble mantles and black walnut staircase, woodwork and arched doorways.
Interactive museum featuring hands-on exhibits that allow both children and adults to have fun while learning.
Located on the east bank of the Mahoning River, the memorial commemorates the sacrifices of local citizens in military service.
One of the oldest judicial facilities of its kind in Ohio, the Romanesque-style structure was completed in 1897, making it the third courthouse to occupy the location in Courthouse Park. It was placed on the National Registry of Historic Sites in 1975.
Now a private residence, this unique eight-sided house, which contains eight trapezoid-shaped rooms, was the boyhood home of Clarence Darrow, the nationally acclaimed lawyer in the The State of Tennessee v. John Thomas Scopes ("Scopes Monkey Trial").
Located at the intersection of State Routes 87 and 193, this national historic district area has 12 buildings listed on the National Historic Registry. The prominent architecture styles include both Greek Revival and Federal.